A LIGHT REKINDLED
A Song Cycle by Amin Sarrafi
Sung by countertenor Kyle Tingzon
with Ginger Rose Bruckner on harp.
Poetry by Sohrab Sepehri
Translation by Alan Olejniczak
"Within darkness, the light of the simple beauties shine brighter. This project is a way for us to both address the philosophical and social issues that we face today, while drawing a parallel between Iranian and western idealism through contemporary Persian poetry."
Listen here or on most music platforms.
Developmental Piano Workshop
San Francisco, August 2022
Music by John Young with Libretto by Alan Olejniczak
Conducted by Nicole Paiement
with Opera Dramaturgy by Brian Staufenbiel
A chamber opera about Dora Ratjen, a Nazi Olympic woman’s high jumper who was arrested for impersonating a woman. Sung in English
- November 2021 - Opera on Tap, Houston's Annual Fundraiser, the premiere of the aria: Dulce, Fiel y Bella from Dreams Americanos
- November 2021 - Golden Repair (The Climate) installation with Micro Galleries and Jerome Joseph Gentes
- September 2021 - Workshop Reading of Concerto with Lyric Theater of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- September 2021 - The Chicago premiere of Death of Ivan Ilych with Thompson Street Opera
- August 2021 - The opera premiere of Unbound at Studio Friction in Denver
- May 2021 - Opera Parallèle's watch party of Death of Ivan Ilych
- April 2021 - Premiere of Man Up by Nathan Hall for double bass. Performed by Will Yager for Oh My Ears Music Festival, AZ
- February 2021 - Premiere of Death of Ivan Ilych with Orlando Opera
- December 2020 - Project / Forward 2047: Global projection art festival.
- December 2020 - A Christmas Carol released and aired on RTHK Radio 3, Hong Kong
- November 2020 - Helt Texas aired on RTHK Radio 3, Hong Kong
- November 2020 - Interview with Phil Whelan on Morning Brew on RTHK Radio 3, Hong Kong
- November 2020 - The release of Helt Texas on The Proscenium
- October 2020 - Gala Chair of Opera Parallèle's Virtual Gala.
- September 2020 - The Proscenium and Next of Kin launch
- August 2020 - Live Stream Interview with Opera Orlando's The High Note: Episode 11. Watch Here
- June 2020 - Zoom Libretto Reading of the opera Minute to Midnight with music by Dante da Silva
- May 2020 - Guest speaker for the Music Department at UC Santa Cruz
- May 2020 - Transgress, long-list finalist for The Kenneth Branagh Award, Windsor Fringe, UK
- February 2020 - Death of Ivan Ilych selected as a finalist for Thompson Street Opera's "Choose Our Season"
- February 2020 - TRANSVERSE | 橫, A Micro-Galleries Virtual Collaboration with Eleanor McColl, Hong Kong, SAR
- January 2020 - New American Voices Playwriting Festival Semi-Finalist for Helt Texas