An Online Audio Presentation
Produced and Directed by Nicholas Atkinson
Produced by Marcy Trent Long
with performances by
Daniella Down, Hamish Campbell, Nicholas Atkinson,
Michael Pizzuto, Muriel Hofmann-Foster,
and Jai Day
Coming in February
MG LIVE Manilla: Artist Residency
Live Weekend March 27-29th in Escolta
DISPLACE[ME]NT / MOVEMENT: OF PEOPLE, ECONOMIES, CLIMATE, HUMAN RIGHTS
March 20 - 30th, 2020
The Philippines is one of the world’s largest archipelago nations and is one of the world’s mega biodiversity countries. It is also a country in trying circumstances with a range of natural disasters including typhoons, floods and earthquakes which displace millions of people across the Philippines each year and leave hundreds of thousands living in ongoing displacement. There are also areas experiencing intense armed conflict. This range of uncertainty, instability, as well as lack of resources, and infrastructure means there is a huge level of internal displacement.
An internally displaced person is someone who is forced to flee their home but who remains within their country’s borders. Unfortunately, they are not legally termed a refugee, despite the similar experience and detriment to their lives. We want to draw attention to the unheard voice of mass human movement: the internally displaced, and give them a voice and creative platform.
Orlando Fringe Festival
Opera Orlando's Studio Artist Program
A premiere workshop for the new chamber opera Death of Ivan Ilych based on the novella by Leo Tolstoy featuring Opera Orlando studio artists: Sean Stork, Adriana Nieves, Brent Doucette, Jose Manuel Lopez, Chadley Ballantyne and featuring Jurrien Mejeur with musicians from Alterity Chamber Orchestra under the baton of Deniz Uz.
Dates TBD - to be presented with Orlando Opera as part of the Orlando International Fringe Festival in May 2020. Learn more about the festival HERE.
- January 2020 - New American Voices Playwriting Festival Semi-Finalist for Helt Texas
- November 2019 - Faultline Theater Retreat, Table reading of WorkForce, Sea Ranch, CA
- November 2019 - Nes Writer-in-Residence, Skagaströnd, Iceland
- October 2019 - Helt Texas, Third-Place Winner, Playhouse Creatures Emerging Playwrights Contest, NYC
- September 2019 - Artist in Residence for Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- September 2019 - Sea Level 2080 with MicroGalleries: Disrupting Climate Disruption: Day of Creative Action
- July 2019 - Helt Texas, Finalist for the Garry Marshall Theatre New Works Festival, Burbank, CA
- May 2019 - Reading of Val-Kill with The 38th Annual William Inge Theatre Festival, Independence, Kansas
- April 2019 - Reading of Helt Texas with Google Sustainability Team, Mountain View, CA
- February 2019 - Lethe performed by Liz Hayes with The Artists at Albaross Reach, The Sea Ranch, CA
- December 2018 - Reading of Helt Texas with Faultline Theater, San Francisco, CA
- November 2018 - Micro-Galleries Collective Residency, Patan, Nepal