This September I'm honored to be chosen as an Artist in Residence in Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park with the National Parks Arts Foundation, a wonderful non-profit organization that offers Artist in Residence Programs, Museum In-Loan Programs, and Workshops in conjunction with our National Parks. Throughout the month I plan to spend time writing, researching and taking in the beauty and incredible landscape of our national heritage.
NES Artist Residency
October 28th to November 11th 2019
NES is a process-oriented residency that strives to cultivate an environment where artists can craft their experience as they wish; whether that may be through conceptual development, research, or intervention and experimentation, artists have the utmost freedom while in residence at NES.
MG LIVE Philippines
DISPLACE[ME]NT / MOVEMENT: OF PEOPLE, ECONOMIES, CLIMATE, HUMAN RIGHTS
The Philippines is one of the world’s largest archipelago nations and is one of the world’s mega biodiversity countries. It is also a country in trying circumstances with a range of natural disasters including typhoons, floods and earthquakes which displace millions of people across the Philippines each year and leave hundreds of thousands living in ongoing displacement. There are also areas experiencing intense armed conflict. This range of uncertainty, instability, as well as lack of resources, and infrastructure means there is a huge level of internal displacement.
An internally displaced person is someone who is forced to flee their home but who remains within their country’s borders. Unfortunately, they are not legally termed a refugee, despite the similar experience and detriment to their lives. We want to draw attention to the unheard voice of mass human movement: the internally displaced, and give them a voice and creative platform.
- June 2019 - Opera America Conference, San Francisco, CA
- May 2019 - Reading of Val-Kill with The 38th Annual William Inge Theatre Festival, Independence, Kansas
- April 2019 - Reading of HELT TEXAS with Google Sustainability Team, Mountain View, CA
- April 2019 - Theatre Bay Area Annual Conference, Berkeley, CA and ScreenCraft Summit, Atlanta, GA
- February 2019 - Lethe performed by Liz Hayes with The Artists at Albaross Reach, The Sea Ranch, CA
- December 2018 - Reading of HELT TEXAS with Faultline Theater, San Francisco, CA
- November 2018 - Micro-Galleries Collective Residency, Pātan, Nepal
- August 2018 - Climate Leadership Corps Training, Los Angeles, CA
- August 2018 - The Road Theatre, Summer Playwright Festival, a reading of Transgress, North Hollywood, CA.
- July 2018 - Transgress is nominated for Segora One-Act Play Competition, St Andrè-sur-Sèvre, France
- June 2018 - Eight4Eight, Gallery showing of PROGRESS, Palm Springs, CA
- June 2018 - Transgress is nominated for British Theatre Challenge, Blue Sky Theatre Company, London, UK
- June 2018 - Still at War, A guerrilla piece for The Research Foundation to Cure AIDS, New York City Gay Pride
- June 2018 - The Arctic Circle Residency, sailing the international waters of Svalbard