Thompson Street Opera Company
Death of Ivan Ilych is one of three operas selected for their third annual" Choose our Season", where the musical public will have a hand in choosing the repertoire they perform next year!
Voting will take place online Feb 17th-24th
An Online Audio Presentation
Produced and Directed by Nicholas Atkinson
Produced by Marcy Trent Long
with performances by
Daniella Down, Hamish Campbell, Nicholas Atkinson,
Michael Pizzuto, Muriel Hofmann-Foster,
and Jai Day
Coming in March
Orlando Fringe Festival
Studio Artist Program
A premiere workshop for the new chamber opera Death of Ivan Ilych based on the novella by Leo Tolstoy featuring Opera Orlando studio artists: Sean Stork, Adriana Nieves, Brent Doucette, Jose Manuel Lopez, Chadley Ballantyne and featuring Jurrien Mejeur with musicians from Alterity Chamber Orchestra under the baton of Deniz Uz.
Dates TBD - to be presented with Orlando Opera as part of the Orlando International Fringe Festival in May 2020.
Learn more about the festival HERE.
- February 2020 - Death of Ivan Ilych selected as a finalist for Thompson Street Opera's 2020/2021 season
- January 2020 - New American Voices Playwriting Festival Semi-Finalist for Helt Texas
- January 2020 - Reading of WorkForce, Z Space, San Francisco, CA
- November 2019 - Faultline Theater Retreat, Table reading of WorkForce, Sea Ranch, CA
- November 2019 - Nes Writer-in-Residence, Skagaströnd, Iceland
- October 2019 - Helt Texas, Third-Place Winner, Playhouse Creatures Emerging Playwrights Contest, NYC
- September 2019 - Artist in Residence for Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- September 2019 - Sea Level 2080 with MicroGalleries: Disrupting Climate Disruption: Day of Creative Action
- July 2019 - Helt Texas, Finalist for the Garry Marshall Theatre New Works Festival, Burbank, CA
- May 2019 - Reading of Val-Kill with The 38th Annual William Inge Theatre Festival, Independence, Kansas
- April 2019 - Reading of Helt Texas with Google Sustainability Team, Mountain View, CA
- February 2019 - Lethe performed by Liz Hayes with The Artists at Albaross Reach, The Sea Ranch, CA
- December 2018 - Reading of Helt Texas with Faultline Theater, San Francisco, CA
- November 2018 - Micro-Galleries Collective Residency, Patan, Nepal